Child-friendly quality time with the family
Daily schedules and to-do lists probably take a good bite out of the quality time you wish to spend with your children. We get it. The life of the modern family is hectic, and there is little time left to give yourselves and your kids the time you and they deserve. This is where we step in ;-)
Once upon a time
, far far away from work stress, office schedules and PTA meetings, there was ... Bartholomeus Klip, a paradise for parents and children alike. Its location at a working wheat and sheep farm allows guests to socialise with the farm animals, while its location in the midst of a private nature reserve gives guests the opportunity to get up, close and personal with bucks and birds. Children can run around barefoot and get dirty in the mud and climb trees and build a base or kayak on the lake, because that is what children do at a farm. Parents, too, can get dirty on long walks or rides through the nature reserve, or they can relax under a tree with a book or lounge at the pool.
- The attention to detail is second-to-none - we aim to think of everything, but in a seemingly effortless way
- The endless rolling landscapes and distant purple mountains afford the feeling that you’re in the middle of nowhere
- An incredible amount of mouth-watering food just keeps on coming . . .
- This is a unique experience in the Cape Winelands - perfect if you want to enjoy African fynbos and wildlife, as well as explore the vineyards and local towns
- It’s so quiet you can hear the flap of a goose’s wing high overhead as it makes its way to the lake to nest
- If you’re hoping to lose weight, forget it! Afternoon tea includes the most tempting homemade pastries, cakes, scones and lashings of cream
- You won't see any big game here, but you can see zebra, wildebeest, buffalo, fish eagles, blue cranes and rare fynbos
- The temperature can reach 40C in summer, making any activity extremely uncomfortable - happily, all rooms are air-conditioned and there’s a huge lake and a gorgeous pool to cool down in
- Children under 16 aren't allowed in the main house, but there is a separate self-catering house which is ideal for families
Best time to go
Anytime, but in May the days are long and not too hot, lambing on the farm begins, and the vineyards are at their prettiest. In August and September the wild flowers are spectacular and the wheat starts to turn golden-green, but expect some rain. December to February are the hottest and driest months, when birding and game viewing is at its best.
(*) FULL BOARD RATES INCLUDE Accommodation at the main farmhouse / Full country brunch and 3 course dinner / generous afternoon tea / Snacks and sundowners / Early morning coffee and pastries / two daily activities / Use of mountain bikes, canoes & other facilities / free Wi-Fi / No guests under the age of 16 years FULL BOARD RATES EXCLUDE All beverages including wine, spirits, minerals and beers / Telephone calls / Gratuities / Laundry and valet services / Shop purchases / Extra Activities such as Archery SELF-CATERING RATES INCLUDE Wild Olive House, with fully equipped kitchen and braai facilities. Food can be ordered and delivered at request / GENERAL NOTES Check in time is 3.00 p.m. and check out time 12.00 p.m. | Transfer rates available on request